Many families are devastated each year by fires that ravage their homes. At Grisham & Kendall, PLLC, our legal team has represented a great many of these unfortunate families and individuals, and we have compiled the following list of preventative measures that you should take to avoid finding yourself in a similar situation.
- Make sure to put smoke detectors at strategic areas around the house, including the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Do not leave the kitchen while cooking.
- Do not leave lit candles unattended.
- Regularly check that your smoke detectors are working properly.
- Make sure that fire extinguishers are readily available in the kitchen and in the garage.
- Have your heating elements and radiators inspected regularly.
- Cover your fireplace with a metal screen.
Though the tips mentioned here can be very helpful in preventing some of the most common causes of house fires, there are still situations in which fires cannot be avoided. In these cases, families should be able to rely on their home owner’s insurance to provide an adequate settlement to help them recover.
The lawyers of Grisham & Kendall, PLLC, in Dallas advocate for families whose homes are ravaged by fire. If you are in need of legal advise in dealing with your insurance provider, call our office today at (713) 999-5085 to speak to an attorney.