Dallas & Houston Contract Litigation Lawyers
If one of your business associates has breached a contract, contact the contract litigation lawyers of Grisham & Kendall, PLLC at (713) 999-5085 today. Contracts are the foundation of any business. They set expectations, define business relationships, and encourage honest business practices. The best business relationships are founded on strong and smart contracts. Unfortunately, for various reason, business partners do not always hold up their end of the bargain as laid out in the contract.
Though contract litigation is an unfavorable outcome of contract disputes, sometimes it is necessary. When the stakes are high enough, contract litigation may be the only way to ensure that you are treated fairly. If you are in a dispute about a business contract, call the Dallas contract litigation attorneys from Grisham & Kendall, PLLC today at (713) 999-5085 or contact us online.
My wife and I thought we were heading into a complicated legal odyssey with a destroyed commercial property until we hired Bill Kendall. His sustained focus and hard work was so effective that we had a great settlement within hours of the first deposition.F. Jones - Commercial Claim (Dallas, TX)
Do I Need a Contract Litigation Lawyer?
The only person with the skills and knowledge to handle contract litigation is an attorney with years of experience in that area. Attorneys know how to read a contract, understand its intricacies, and interpret the law. They are skilled interpreters of legal jargon and will be able to give you salient guidance about what legal steps you should be taking. Furthermore, attorneys are trained mediators.
In contract litigation, this ability is especially crucial because, if possible, it encourages the preservation of your business relationship. Additionally, when tensions run high, as they are bound to do, having an attorney as a mediator is invaluable. You will want to make sure you are still making smart business decisions, no matter how much the betrayal of trust frustrates you.
Why Choose Grisham & Kendall, PLLC to Handle My Case?
At Grisham & Kendall, PLLC , we are known for our aggressive defense of our clients’ rights. Each member of our firm has extensive experience in contract litigation and in getting justice for our clients. Contract litigation is a lengthy and expensive process, so our team concentrates on developing effective and efficient solutions. We will work diligently to provide you with solutions that advance the goals of your business.
Cases We Handle
Contracts are the foundation of good business practices. At Grisham & Kendall, PLLC, we handle a range of issues related to contract litigation, including:
- Partner Disputes, Suing Partners — A dispute between two business partners is an extremely damaging occurrence. A breakdown of the trust between the pillars of a business is a distressing and destabilizing event. Contract litigation lawyers can help you resolve the dispute and, hopefully, save the relationship.
- Equipment Leases, Nonfunctioning Equipment and Breach of Contract — Contracts set expectations and outline the responsibilities of each party in a business relationship. When equipment is not functioning or the leases aren’t as stated in the contract, it threatens the productivity of the business. This type of dispute can be litigated with the help of attorneys.
- Purchase Contracts — Purchase contracts are binding, bilateral agreements between two parties to purchase or exchange real estate. With real estate essential to any business, the breakdown of a purchase contract threatens the function of the entire operation. This issue can be solved with contract litigation.
- Employment Contracts — An employment contract (an agreement between an employer and employee) is a vital part of any business. If the infraction against this contract is serious enough, litigation can be the way to get justice.
- Nonpayment for Goods and Services — Every business operates on revenue, and when payment is not given for goods and services, a breach of contract and a violation of trust occurs.
- Fraud Claims — Fraud is the purposeful deception intended for personal or financial gain and is the ultimate betrayal of trust between two business partners. If one partner is committing fraud, it is an obvious breach of contract and litigation will be necessary to resolve the dispute and sever necessary ties.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty — A fiduciary duty is an obligation to act in the interest of another party. The law forbids the fiduciary (the person who has this duty) from acting against the wishes of the other party. If the fiduciary does act against the other party’s wishes, this violation can be punished through litigation.
- Unjust Enrichment — Unjust enrichment occurs when an individual is unfairly financially rewarded at the expense of others. An attorney can help you seek justice for this infraction through litigation.
Each of these issues can be resolved with the help of a skilled professional. An attorney will interpret the contract and the law and develop solutions to get your business back on its feet.
If you are in a contract dispute and need to resolve the issue via litigation, contact the breach of contract lawyers of Grisham & Kendall, PLLC at (713) 999-5085 today. We’ll sit down with you, review your case, and come up with a plan of action for a path to resolution.